September is Hunger Action Month™ when Feeding America, Second Harvest Food Bank, and the Society of St. Andrew ask everyone in America to take action to fight hunger in their community – all month long. Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to join a movement that has a real and lasting impact on our effort to feed more Americans than ever before. Whether it’s by advocating and raising awareness, making donations, or volunteering, you can find the way that’s right for you to make a difference during Hunger Action Month. Together, we can solve hunger.
How to get involved:
- Write a letter to your elected officials about hunger
- Organize a food drive at your church to donate to a local food bank
- Donate to food bank
- Volunteer with your colleagues at a local food bank
- Wear ORANGE on Tuesday, September 8 (Hunger Action Day) to show your support
- Post pictures wearing orange using #HungerActionTN.
- Update your Facebook cover picture to orange or donate a status update or tweet to hunger relief.
- If you have a website or blog, change the background to orange.
- Add a Hunger Action Month/Go Orange note or logo to your email signature.