The Presbyterian Hunger Program (PHP) works to feed hungry people and end hunger in our community, our nation, and our world through raising awareness, providing opportunities for response, and reaching out to those in need.
- Direct Food Relief
- Development Assistance
- Influencing Public Policy
- Lifestyle Integrity
- Education and Interpretation
HUNGER ACTION ADVOCATE (HAA)
Your HAA is part of a network of Presbyterian Hunger Action Advocates that serve presbyteries and synods across the country. These advocates are called to serve as educators, motivators, and facilitators of hunger action. Their goal is to enable congregations and other groups within the church to gain knowledge and skills to sustain a long-term commitment to ending hunger and its underlying causes.
How your HAA can help you and your church:
- Provide information on hunger and related issues
- Present a Minute for Mission on hunger, Cents Ability, One Great Hour of Sharing, the Presbyterian Coffee Project, Enough for Everyone, alternative lifestyles, and other related topics
- Present Children’s Messages
- Present programs at a Wednesday night dinner or during Sunday school
- Help with curriculum for children and youth programs
- Help your congregation buy Equal Exchange coffee and teas
Bread for the World
CROP Walk – Church World Service
PHP Post from the Presbyterian Hunger Program
Presbyterian Hunger Program – PCUSA
Society of St. Andrew
Souper Bowl of Caring
For more information, contact
Barbara Howell, Hunger Action Advocate, at 615-332-3330, ext 205.